This week the bomb finally officially dropped about Jennifer Knapp. She's a lesbian. The rumors have been circulating for years, so I'm not that surprised, but I'm interested in the ramifications of this fact for the church at large.
There's been a push recently for the church to have a more outward focus. Homeless ministries, communal living, trips to Africa to feed the poor, etc. Which I think is great and totally needs to happen. Jesus said that they would know we are Christians by our love. So this stuff is exciting to see.
But with the love focus, I think we're a little too afraid to talk about sin anymore. It's uncomfortable and doesn't feel good or loving. We can't exchange one focus for another. We shouldn't throw out sin for love or love for sin. (In fact, sometimes talking about one's sin is the most loving thing we can do.)
Here's what I think about homosexuality. It's sin just like adultery, gossip, worry, murder, greed, etc. It's a sin because God designed a better way for us to express intimacy. Why is it better? Well, procreation for one :D, but also there's a wonderful mystery to it (read Ephesians about Christ and the church). Maybe because men and women are so different, He knew it would be hard, but worth it in the end.
Anyway, I just needed to talk a little bit of this out before I dive into all I have to do today. There's much more I could expound on, but it will have to wait.
Regional Rep Meetings and a return to paradise (ET blog)
-
An account of our Rep meetings in Kenya Click here to get to our Ethiopia
blog, as FB will still not allow a direct link.
https://pamosleyet.blogspot.com/...
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment