Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Running


Sarah Lacey and I, post race on 01-01-12


I've been running over six months now approximately three times a week with my fabulous friend, Casey H. Since August, I've done three 5ks even though my training hasn't quite gotten me to that distance yet. The first one was pretty miserable, the second decent, and Sunday's discouraging.

I've found that in order to run well, you have to take care of your body. If you put the right things in (i.e. good food, water and sleep) you'll do great (if you've been training already)! However, on Sunday, I hadn't had enough sleep in days, I had been eating terrible holiday food, all I'd had to drink before 1pm was coffee and I didn't have lunch. I wish I could run the whole thing again at the end of this week after I'd gotten myself together. At least my bad time will give me a low benchmark to beat for the rest of the year.

If you're interested in running here's the plan I started with:  Couch to 5k 

My times so far in 2011/2012:

August Boys and Girls Club Run:  45:09.1
Halloween Run: 36:51.55
Resolution Day 5k: 43:07.4

Only going up from here.

No comments: