Two years to the day my husband graduated with his Master's degree from St. John's College, he received his teaching certificate; two long years of blood, sweat and tears (yes I did just rhyme).
What a terrifying ride it's been. Full of holding on for dear life and finding out exactly what is dear about life.
And definitely after these past two years, I fully DISAGREE with the prosperity gospel. The one that says that as long as you're living right, you'll be materially blessed.
Total bunk.
If you look at the the fathers of faith, their lives were HARD. They waited YEARS for God to move even though He had promised cool stuff for the future and some of them even died without seeing the happy return (just read Hebrew 11).
Usually when you're living right things are HARDER. Risks have to be taken, dying to self occurs, times of testing, etc.
As this season in my life draws to a close, I hope that what I learned this time around helps me get through the next chapter.
Jesus give me open hands and an open heart.
Regional Rep Meetings and a return to paradise (ET blog)
-
An account of our Rep meetings in Kenya Click here to get to our Ethiopia
blog, as FB will still not allow a direct link.
https://pamosleyet.blogspot.com/...
4 years ago
2 comments:
I agree babe, I'm almost scared that if things get better, I won't remember what I have learned in these hard times..... but I do hope they get better.
So glad you guys get to move into a new season. Not everyone has the guts to learn from their crap. How cool that you have new skills and faith-muscles to apply to life's crap in the future.
Post a Comment