Saturday, October 23, 2010

While doing dishes, God speaks...

Had an enjoyable night last night hanging out with a somewhat new friend. It's been awhile since I just hung out with a friend sans any children. Super nice.

We watched an inspirational movie about horse racing. I know, I know...but I liked it. We all need a little inspiration in our lives.

A couple of the moments in the movie were truths God has been teaching me recently. And after the movie, my friend asked me a question that normally would have put me in a tailspin, but instead it didn't bother me. Just a testimony to the work Jesus has been doing in my life.

Earlier in the day, I dropped my sister-in-law off at the airport to see her fiancĂ©. Dropping her off made me a little sad because I know there won't be too many more times before she's gone forever. She'll no longer live with us and our lives will again enter a new season.

I don't know what the new season will bring. Haven't the foggiest idea. There are things that I'd like to see happen but who knows?

Anyway, after the movie I came in the house, my husband was upstairs finishing a paper, so I did some dishes as I normally do before we go to sleep. I was a little raw and exposed from the evening, more than I thought I should be. I started talking to Him. I don't even know what I said. I know it was something to do with my loneliness right now. It's not a loneliness where I feel like I don't have friends (I have wonderful friends); it's the kind where it's hard to explain to someone else what exactly you're going through. The "how can anyone really understand unless they've gone through it" thing.

Jesus said the most beautiful to me, "I'm here in the dark with you, when the lights come on everything will be beautiful."

Needless to say, I was on my knees in front of the sink with tears running down my face.

He's speaking to you too. Are you listening?

I should wash the dishes more often, hehe.

1 comment:

Marykathryn said...

I LOVE THIS. just what i needed. xoxoxoxo