So it has struck me that though I'm an artist, I have no videos posted to youtube, no music oriented myspace, no fans, etc.
Why don't I? Strange, huh? It's kinda a normal thing. Even my 14-year-old brother in law who just started playing the guitar has videos posted.
I'm ridiculous, insecure and ridiculous. Been wanting to say that all week. So there it goes.
I need to start taking the time to write again, to not live in fear, to push through all the joy and pain of the last five years. I've believed the lie that I'm not good enough so strongly that I still have a hard time discerning it from the truth.
I'm artistically constipated. Where do I even begin with this journey?
Regional Rep Meetings and a return to paradise (ET blog)
-
An account of our Rep meetings in Kenya Click here to get to our Ethiopia
blog, as FB will still not allow a direct link.
https://pamosleyet.blogspot.com/...
4 years ago
1 comment:
this is hard to feel artistically constipated, i totally know how that feels... the only thing that has helped me (and i really only did it because i had to for certain classes) is to just start writing or drawing or sketching... everyday. without caring about whether its good or bad but as you just keep going you usually find good stuff to work with and you just dont worry about the other stuff... it was helpful for me because i didn't feel so blocked or afraid of making "bad" art:)
Post a Comment