Tuesday, December 1, 2009

He's the King, I tell you...

It's been a roller coaster of a year, actually much of everything has happened in a whirlwind of six months. The highs, high and the lows, low.

Much of the time I feel like God is jerking my chain and I don't know why.

But I have to press in and trust that He is in control or I'll go completely mad.

Let's give you guys some highlights:

Bill graduates from St. John's with his master's degree (May 2009)
Bill finds out that his job is up for grabs at the end of the school year (May 2009)
Liam is born (May 2009)
Paul marries Mary (July 2009)
Joanie moves in with us to attend grad school (July 2009)
We move to Baltimore (August 2009)
Bill officially loses his job (August 2009)
My step grandfather dies (August 2009)
A dear college friend of mine passes away (September 2009)
I start teaching voice (October 2009)
A woman from our church body loses her baby despite the prayers of the saints (November 2009)
Our church finds itself in severe financial crisis and our senior pastor becomes a lay leader to help ease the burden (November 2009)

There are other things I could bring into this blog, but they are unnecessary to make my point.

It's been a wild ride and I wonder when it will be over... or at least plateau a little bit. Here are a few things I'm holding on to right now:

"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide, STRENGTH for today and bright HOPE for tomorrow, Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside. Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness, Morning by morning NEW mercies I see, ALL I have needed thy hand hath provided, Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me."

"Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King I tell you.”

1 comment:

strawberry lips and candy kicks said...

:) and this year of my life wouldn't have been the same without you. gotta love the narnia.