Monday, June 29, 2009

Outraged

For the past two years or so, Bill has been working for the public school system. Two days before Liam entered the world, he found out that his job for next year was in jeopardy. He was not yet a certified teacher and the school board wanted to have certified teachers in all the provisional positions. We thought that because Bill's job was so specialized (teaching both German and history), he would retain the job. There was also a hiring freeze for teachers coming from outside the county. So though we were slightly worried, we thought things would be ok.

Thursday we found out the hiring freeze is over and they've found the perfect replacement for Bill.

I'm angry about the situation. I think the school board showed no sense of loyalty to Bill. He was working on his certification and he got the whole German program up and running for his high school. Not to mention that he had just completed his MASTERS DEGREE!!!! (yes, the degree wasn't in German or history, but it shows he's quite capable of teaching.)

So pray for us. I have no idea what God is doing now. I hope whatever He does, He does it quickly.

2 comments:

Rina said...

I'm so sorry about that. I'll definitely be praying for you guys.

NicholeLNelson said...

I'm sorry. Man, oh, man. I'll pray!