Story #1
So, I've already shared this story with Jessi, but I think it's worth it for the general public.
One thing about Maryland...it's overrun with crickets and I mean...overrun. SC may have its palmetto bugs (aka roaches)...but omygoodness...they are nothing compared to the number of crickets I've killed in our house since moving in. As you know, crickets are loud and if they end up stuck in your bedroom at night it can be unfortunate.
This very thing happened last week.
I was exhausted, ready for sleep and had just drifted off when the said cricket began his obnoxious song. Frustrated about what to do, I roused Bill.
"Billy, make it stop."
Bill got up out of bed, walked over to my side of the bed and "shhhhhh'ed" the cricket to silence.
I, knowing this would not be the end of Mr. Cricket, said to Bill, "What if it starts again?"
Bill's advice, "Boop it on the head and call it a diva."
He doesn't remember anything of the above conversation.
Story #2
Last night we cleaned up because our apartment is being inspected so our landlady can get her renter's license. One of the things that needed to be done was vacuuming the couch. Izzy absolutely hates the vacuum. I suggested that Bill put Izzy in her crate upstairs while the vacuum was running.
Bill, on the other hand, thought she'd be fine.
Meanwhile, I went upstairs to take care of somethings on the computer. I noticed that the entire time I was typing, Bill was giggling above the vacuum cleaner. Apparently, Izzy was chasing the vacuum while Bill took care of the cushions.
A few second after the noise stopped, Bill noticed Izzy had pooped in the dining room.
Serves Bill right for taking joy out of Izzy's fear.
I mean, honestly, how mean!
;)
Regional Rep Meetings and a return to paradise (ET blog)
-
An account of our Rep meetings in Kenya Click here to get to our Ethiopia
blog, as FB will still not allow a direct link.
https://pamosleyet.blogspot.com/...
4 years ago
4 comments:
That is so funny. I could actually picture both scenes and how your voices were. Thanks for making my morning. I miss you guys.
lol, awesome. :-D I'm with Rina on that.
I'm sorry you've been lonesome. luvluv to you my dear.
Thank you for my birthday card and present! I spent a good part of my afternoon deliberating what to get. He he.
I do love these stories. Sorry it took me awhile to read them. I've had a lot of e-mails, comments, etc. to catch up on before I read blogs. Your's is the first, though!
I can totally hear you saying, "Billy, make it stop!" He he.
p.s. That was me, Nichole, not Micah. I accidentally got onto his account --
p.p.s. I love how you told the stories, too. "His obnoxious song" and other phrases are brilliant.
Post a Comment